Sweet Corn Soup
This soup uses fresh ears of sweet corn. In my video I show you how to cook just a few ears of corn using a microwave method that makes removing the husks and silk a breeze!
Here's the recipe:
· 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
· ½ cup diced sweet onion
· ½ cup diced red bell pepper
· 1 clove garlic – pressed or minced (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
· 4 ears of sweet corn, cooked, cleaned, and removed from cob (about 4 cups). Reserve the cob.
· 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
· 2 tablespoons fresh minced herbs (basil or thyme)
· Salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add corn, corn cobs, and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15- 20 minutes. Remove the cobs from the soup. Use an immersion blender to process the soup to desired consistency. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can remove a portion of the soup to a blender to process and then return it to the pot. Stir in the herbs. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
4 servings; 182 calories per serving.